Sunday, February 08, 2009

Gifts

This year is a big year for me. Well, to be more exact, May is a big month for me in the year 2009. It is my first Mother's Day (May 10), my 30th Birthday (May 15) and our 5th Anniversary (May 29). Any one of these events can be overwhelming for the most savvy of gift-buyers. But the three combined can be a bit overwhelming when smashed into just 19 short days. And for a non-gift-buyer like Joel, it is downright frightening. So much so, that he asked to "take off Christmas and Valentine's Day" this year.

However, he did reveal to me this evening that he would be getting me something for Valentine's day after all: A "lose/lose" list like his.

He started said "lose/lose" list when we got married, as if no matter what he did to appease me, he would lose (no win/win or win/lose options for him, just lose/lose). This is a self-created and self-kept list. I have no record of his "losses".

But I will say, May is going to be a long month for one of us.

Joel's gonna need some help.

No comments: