Monday, March 15, 2010

Ages 2+

My new pet peeve is how toys are labeled for certain ages.

"This toy for ages 3-6 months" or "2+ only" or one of my favorites "Choking Hazard, 3+ only" on toys that are as small as a baseball. Really, a choking hazard? Is that like for elephants, or what? I know my kid can shove a heckofalotta food in his mouth, but a baseball sized toy? I'm not too worried.

As I was going through pictures from the last few months (I don't know if you have noticed I'm a bit behind in blogging, scrapbooking, and just "photo management" in general, but I am), I noticed how many toys we have that are not age-appropriate for Anders.

And here there are....
This puzzle we got from Joel's brother's family for Christmas.
It is for ages 2 & up.
Anders mastered it at 16 months.

These Wedgits (which I LOVE) are great.
They are for 2+ or maybe even 3+.
This one does say choking hazard.
The white piece you see by his foot are the smallest pieces.

First of all, yes, Joel is wearing shorts.
Second of all, what Anders is opening is a flashlight
he got from Oma for Valentine's Day.
Age 3+.

This great Bucket-O-Blocks is for 2+.
He got it on his first birthday and
has been playing with the blocks & tub ever since.
Wearing crazy outfits is not required.

I bought him this ball recently.
It has a handle on it so you can sit on it and bounce,
although his legs are no where near long enough.
Yet.
Ages 3+

Now that I look back, 4 out of 5 of these were gifts.......

2 comments:

ENJOYING GOD'S GOODNESS said...

Great pictures, Sarah. Glad you are feeling like posting again...I've missed your clever and fun writing. Our blog is
psalm1005

taylordi said...

Love the pictures! I also love the Widgets, we have two sets.

How are you feeling? It sounds like your spring break is after ours. I hope can rest. One more day with kids and then grade prep and we are on spring break! Can't wait, we are going to do nothing, sleep in and rest.