Sunday, August 13, 2006

Aspens

I know, I know. It's been a long time since I've posted any pictures. But, we've been busy. And, the projects we're working on aren't that exciting (like weeding the yard)! I will try to post some pictures of the "finished" rooms (like the living & dining room) soon. Joel & I go back to work tomorrow, though, so it will be tough! :)

The pictures below are of the "Aspen Wall" in the dining room. Rhonda put up the wallpaper about 20 years ago and then she helped is take it down in July. That's almost classified as "cruel & unusal punishment". But, she was happy to help and figured out the best way to take it down--lots of water & lots of mess. It came down though & prompted a new Jacobson Rule: NO WALLPAPER.

The first picture is a "before" picture, then a picture of what it looked like after the wallpaper was off. The last picture is of me priming the wall after we textured it by hand & before we painted it. It's a LOT of work! :)









No comments: