Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'm so tired of...

SNOW! It has snowed every week (at least one day) for the past three weeks. I think it's time that I apologize for my outright lie in my blog Let it Snow that it never snows in Denver (from way back in November)! I guess in the winter of 2006-2007 it does! A lot! We've had at least 3 feet of snow in the past three weeks and they are predicting an even bigger storm for this Thursday & Friday---another 3 feet all at once!! I think the makers of snow blowers are going to be making big bucks this year! It has also been cold, so a lot of the old snow hasn't melted, making it an even bigger mess around town. We go back to work tomorrow (Monday) and do not want more snow days--isn't that ironic? If we have too many snow days, we'll have to work later into June. :(

Hope everyone had a great New Year's & are still keeping those resolutions!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember one year in the early 1980's where we received around a foot of snow every week and it was so cold it didn't melt like normal. And of course it didn't snow during the week but on Thursday night or Friday. Good Luck! We are getting the moisture in the form of rain! Everything is soggy. Two of my ESL groups are studying weather and want to show them the pictures of your deck covered in snow. Would that be okay?

Sarah said...

Show away! :) I was talking with one of my students about high/low temperatures today and averages and record high/low temps! Hope you don't get any flooding or land slide problems! :)

Anonymous said...

If you want to get out of the snow, you could come visit me!!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! They'll enjoy them and be amazed. We have a nasty cold front going through right now, snowing one hour the sun shining the next and cold (for us). The highs all next week are supposed to be in the low 30's, again cold for us. The coastal areas have had the worst for flooding and landslides. Closed a couple of roads to the coast, they are open again. How is the weather this week? Has Joel written anything lately? I enjoyed reading his blog too.

Anonymous said...

I totally remember the snows in the early 80's. They were so much fun. As a kid, you LOVE the snow. My kids have LOVED the snow this winter. I can't even to get him to come inside from shoveling. (Except this week...too cold!) I don't mind the snow as much as the cold. I hate it even if it is a dry cold. So I say...bring on more blizzards. Love ya, Julie