Wednesday, June 18, 2008

90 Days

So, I'm more on the 90 Days+ plan, but that's not the point.

Our church is reading through the Bible in 90 days. It's about 12 chapters or so a day. The point is not to memorize the Bible or to fully understand everything written in it (is that even possible?). The point is to get an overview of the Bible. Our pastor is preaching through the Bible each week--last week it was an overview of the not-so-perfect dads found in Genesis & Exodus. I'm excited to see where he goes this week--through Leviticus & Numbers.

I'm a few days behind, but at least I've gotten started. I made it through the first 5 books of the Bible, and those have to be some of the hardest, right? My goal is to try to be done before Baby J appears, but we'll see how that goes!

If you are interested in trying it yourself, I highly recommend it. You can find the reading plan here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I decided to try and read through the bible in a year this year. I've never done it before. I'm just about half way through and I've learned SO much! I have really enjoyed it. I know I couldn't do it in 90 days though. So, you began 6 months after me and you'll finish 3 months before me...crazy!

Jules