Sunday, June 29, 2008

Babymoon

Recently there has been a lot of hype about "babymoons". It is just a new way for vacation hot spots to make money. A while back I saw a piece on the Today Show about Babymoons--vacations for expecting mom & dads to take before baby arrives. I thought it would be a great piece to watch to see some vacations they recommended--well, they were great vacations, but totally ridiculously priced. Let's just say, way out of our league. And who really wants to go to the Carribean when they are 6-7 months pregnant and sit in a swimsuit? No thanks.

Even before we knew about these said "baby- moons", Joel & I had decided to do a getaway weekend this summer--to celebrate our anniversary (#4) and to just get away. So, I guess we dubbed it our "babymoon". We just got back--what a great trip! I highly recommend a weekend away to all couples.

We ended up going downtown Denver & stayed at the hotel (The Magnolia) where we spent some time on our Honeymoon. We left Haiku in good hands with Joel's mom and headed off for a great adventure!

Here are the highlights:
*Hard Rock Cafe for dinner (just like on our Honeymoon)

*Movie (Get Smart) You can read Joel's comments about the movie on his blog.

* Sleeping in!! (Haiku has been getting us up at 6am every morning!)

*Room Service--we have never done this before & probably won't do it again--but it was lots of fun! Breakfast in bed!

*Watching cable TV (we don't have it at home)

*Eating hot dogs from a street vendor on 16th Street Mall

*Walking around Civic Center Park--it was a great day & Joel got to use his new camera to take pictures (see flower photo above)

*Going to a fancy steakhouse for dinner on Saturday night. A friend had given us a very generous gift certificate to this place in Parker (about an hour from our house) and we hadn't used it. So, we decided to go this weekend since we were already 1/2 way there...

*I finally had some good meat well-done. It's one thing I've missed being pregnant--having good beef well-done. This steak was awesome!

*We also took some time to drive by my old stomping grounds from high school--we were on that side of town. We drove by my high school & old house. It was fun to see what had changed and what had stayed the same.

*Relaxing & spending time together.

It was really the first time I didn't want to come home from a vacation. Usually I'm ready to get back in the grove of things, but I really didn't want to come home today. I guess reality is just a bit to real for me to face. Good thing I'm going on vacation again soon! One last trip away before Baby J comes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, i will add The Magnolia to the Babymoon directory now!