Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Firsts

Although I don't have any pictures, I wanted to document some of the firsts we've experienced in the last week.

Last Wednesday, I attended bible study for the first time. That meant leaving Anders in the nursery. It was a challenge for me, but I'm glad I did--just to get used to leaving him in the care of others. He slept the whole time, so I'm sure he was fine! We'll see how we both do tomorrow.

Friday night we had our first full family outing. Previously, it was just Anders & me or Joel & me while grandma watched Anders. However, we attempted our first outing to the D'Evelyn football game. It started at 730pm, so it was a bit of a risk--he eats a lot in the evenings. But, it turned out great. We stayed about 1 hour and he slept--despite the loud noises! We left at the start of the second quarter and we were up 40 to nothing. We may go again next Friday night!

Saturday night we attended our first church service. Ironically we did not attend our own--we attended a service at our friends' church because their video testimony was being shown. Anders woke up during the music part of the service--it was really loud. But, he slept the rest of the time.

The other big news is that I had Anders weighed today. I had some concerns about him at the beginning--he wasn't really gaining weight the first few weeks of his life. But, I'm not concerned anymore...today he weight 9 lbs 7 oz! (He was 7 lbs 14 oz at birth)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Anders! They usually catch up glad he is doing well and that you all are getting out and about.