Monday, January 05, 2009

Parenting Books

Joel & I have really enjoyed using The Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg as a guide for these first few months of Anders' life. It has helped us establish a good routine and has offered practical advice when we just aren't sure what to do.

A number of friends have recommended it to us and we, in turn, have recommended it to some of our expecting friends.

But, I have come to realize that at 2am, when the baby is screaming and you are at your whit's end: you just make it up as you go anyway.

1 comment:

my3boys said...

I totally agree with this, and I feel the same way about training/schooling to be a teacher. In theory it is all fine and dandy and it certainly puts some tools in your belt, but you really learn to teach from student teaching and actually being in a classroom. (...and then you take ten years off and lose quite a bit, but that is another story...)