Monday, August 31, 2009

Time Again

It feels like it should be about that time again. It's not like I enjoy the work, the mess, the cost, the hassle. It's just in my blood.

The urge to move. To change. To throw everything up in the air and land where it may.

It's the opposite of my personality. But it's there nonetheless.

The problem is: we're not moving. Not anytime soon.

I'm not really sure why that's a "problem". It shouldn't be.

Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I was thinking through all of the places I've lived. Here's a list. Get some coffee. It's a bit complicated.

-Born: Ft. Hood, Texas, stayed for 18 months
-Ft. Monmouth, New Jersey, 6 months
-Giessen, Germany, 3 years (Preschool)
-Ft. Jackson, South Carolina, 2 years (Kindergarten & 1st grade)
-West Point, New York, 4 years (2nd-5th grade)
-Wurzburg, Germany, 2 years (6th & 7th grade)
-Wiesbaden, Germany, 2 years (8th & 9th grade)
-Aurora, Colorado (10th-12th grade) Graduated from Smoky Hill High School in '97
-Chicago, Illinois (College) Graduated from North Park University in '01
Sidenote: my parents moved to Batavia, IL for the first 2 years of college and then back to Colorado for the last 2 years of college
-Littleton, Colorado (1st year of teaching) Yes, I lived with my parents for 1 year after college. It was great. I'm so glad I did.
Sidenote: my parents moved to Wisconsin after this year and have lived there ever since
-Lakewood, Colorado (2nd-3rd year of teaching) Lived with a great friend in an apartment
Married: May 2004 & moved to an apartment in the city in which we now live.
-Summer 2006: moved into the house we currently live in, in said city.

Can you see now why I just get the urge every few years to mix it up?

I guess I'll just have to settle for rearranging the guest room.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

I get this same urge.

gergandnique said...

Yeah, maybe we should come up with something else to satisfy that urge... the guest room is a start! And then if you haven't had enough help us move! :)