Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Little Boys' Room

It is officially spring in Colorado and has been since Friday. How do I know? Not by looking at the calendar, but by looking at my little man's legs. Friday was the first day of "shorts weather" here and by Friday night at 7:00pm, they were skinned up, banged up and bruised.

Just like mine when I was his age. I have the scars to prove it. But, he doesn't seem to mind one bit. And I guess as long as his injuries don't involve stitches or broken bones, I'm ok with that.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been working very hard on getting Anders' room painted. It was a very nice color yellow previously, but it just didn't fit for this All-American rough & tumble boy.

I am so grateful for my friend, Monique's, help. In one afternoon (while 2 little boys slept!) we got all of the tan and light blue painted. Then, over the last week I worked on the navy blue stripe and all the touch ups. I love how it turned out!

Here are the curtains that have been a work in progress. My mom & I made the top part back in December and then Monique helped me work on the bottom part (that closes) a few weeks ago.

Below are some things I've found that fit his "sports" theme. And the letters that Monique and I worked on...she made letters with a car theme for her son and I did sports for Anders. 


Do you notice a theme here? I really need all the help I can get! And I would MUCH rather work on crafting projects with a friend rather than alone!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

I love the room!!! You're so creative! :)

Beverly said...

So very cute! And much more nicely decorated than Lucan's bare-walled room, LOL.

Ski said...

Cute room!

Betsy said...

Sarah! I love the new room!! So cute!!!