Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wisconsin Trip Remembered, Part 1

It has been a busy month! We always know it's coming because school starts in August, but it inevitably still hits us like a ton of bricks. That is the reason for the lateness in posting this blog! Coupled with the fact I needed my computer-expert husband to get the CD-ROM to work! I'm so thankful for his knowledge of computers!

Back in August I was able to take a trip to Wisconsin & Illinois. It started out great--flight was on time, had a great evening with my mom and then the next day I was able to go to Chicago for the day. I met my old college roommate, Tracey for lunch and had lots of fun catching up with her & I had lots of fun looking alround my alma mater, North Park University. Boy has it changed! Tracey & I agreed we got ripped off--the campus is now beautiful, 6 years after we graduated! But, I am glad our $ went to good use and it is what I always dreamed it would be--a beautiful campus right in the middle of busy Chicago (you can tell in the picture below)!

Then it was off to Midway airport to pick up my brave sister, Aimee & her two daughters, Faith & Avery. I think she's brave for flying alone with two kids! (much like my brother in law & sister in law for driving across Utah & Colorado with four kids!) I really had it in my mind that I would make it to the airport early enough to park, get a cart and meet them at baggage claim to help. Alas, I did not count on Chicago traffic or their flight being early! They were ready to go when I arrived. It then took us about 3 hours to drive back through Chicago traffic to make it home to Wisconsin.

The next few days were filled with fun, fun, fun. Oh, and did I mention heat & humidity! It was really unbelievable. Reason number 504 I love Colorado: dry heat. None the less, we still played at the park, the girls rode bikes (mom found an old Big Wheel for Faith to ride--oh to be a kid again!), Aimee & I got in some good shopping time and we had lots of great food! Here are a few pictures.

Kayaking with Opa (Grandpa in German) & Picking Water Lilies
Fun on the Big Wheel Bike! (Do they make these for adults?)
Faith & me playing piano!
Avery looking sooo cute at the park. Her t-shirt says "My mom thinks she's in charge" Probably more true of all kids than we know! :) I love it!
My favorite picture--how cute are they? Good job, Aimee & Gary!
So now it's about 8:30pm and time for bed. My how times have changed since college. Part 2 of this blog will have to come some time this weekend...including Faith & Opa's big fishing adventure & our trip to Rockford (& the water park!!).

No comments: