Sunday, March 02, 2008

Come On, Really?

A few weeks ago, Joel and I went shopping at Kohl's. We do most of our clothes shopping there. I no longer have time like I used to to run around and go to all the stores at the mall. At Kohl's, everything is always on sale and I can find basic clothes for work and comfortable clothes for the weekend. Plus, it's the only store we've found that carries "short" length pants for me and "tall" clothes for Joel.

We've always been happy with Kohl's--our one-stop shop for all our needs.

But I have a complaint. Typically while Joel tries on clothes, I wander around the men's department looking for anything else he might need or other sizes. Saves time--Joel likes to get in, look, buy & get out ASAP. So, I was doing my typical wander & hunt for him through the "boys" department--basically the clothes targeting 16-25 year olds. Sometimes I can find cool t-shirts or sweaters for him. Here's what I noticed, and hence, my complaint.

Every (and I really mean every) t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, and hoody in the entire department had an alcoholic logo on it. I was appalled. Half of the age group they are targeting isn't even allowed to drink. Come on, really? Is that really necessary? Appropriate? They can't wear them to school--most dress codes don't allow it. So why sell them?

Am I getting old or what?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In response to your question ...
1) Yes ... you are getting old(er)! I would hardly call you old though.
2) You are an educator and involved with kiddos.
3) You are about to become a Mommy ... and mommies care about these things. Well, most mommies should care about these things!?!
Hope you are feeling well!!!

Amos said...

Sad but true. People just out to make a buck off of subliminalized teenagers. (probably not a word, but I made it up). There has got to be some non-drunk, non-alcholic clothes makers somewhere, who just need boldness to stand up in this market.