Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Morning

Recently a couple of people have given me a hard time about not blogging more, so here I am. It's the Friday of spring break and I'm sitting here in my PJ's. OK, so actually they are Joel's pants. I only have one pair of pants I can wear to bed and they were dirty, so I had to bite the bullet and ask Joel. He has these pair of XXL pants (so they are long enough for him) and they fit me great--except they are about 2 feet too long for me. Oh, well, they are comfortable and he is gracious--mostly because he gets to laugh at the way they look on me.

I guess I haven't blogged much recently because we've been very busy and life hasn't been too interesting. But, it's about to be.

Next Thursday, April 3 at 2:45 we have our big baby ultrasound! I'm hoping we start right at 2:45 because I have to drink 16oz of water beforehand and you can't go to the bathroom during the ultrasound...I have to hold it. I'm a bit nervous. We are super excited to see Baby J and to possibly find out the gender of our baby. Obviously, we are most excited to see a healthy baby, but we do want to find out what the gender is. So, that will be exciting!

We're also about to enter the last phase of the school year--we only have about 9 weeks left and I am more and more excited! The weather is getting warmer (a bit)--and it will be summer vacation before we know it! (Joel isn't so convinced it will be here that fast...)

A few other random bits of information...Joel has once again started a new blog at http://jejacobson.wordpress.com/ and he has some great articles there. He is such a good writer. Check it out--he has some great "political" articles further down on his blog if the "Literary Death Match" articles aren't your thing.

We've had a GREAT spring break--here are a few things we've accomplished:
*relaxing--staying up way too late and sleeping in way too long--we're enjoying that as much as possible because we know with Baby J it will be a thing of the past!
*Joel went to Vegas to surprise his brother for his birthday (just Fri/Sat) and had an awesome time. It's always strange to say that he's going to Vegas because it's not the typical visit of gambling and whatnot--just a nice weekend with family!
*we had a great Easter celebration with Joel's mom, Rhonda,--it was a great day! I ended up going to a Good Friday service, our church on Saturday night and Rhonda's church on Sunday--it was a great way to celebrate Easter and what it means--salvation and eternal life for all who believe! (and the bonus was I actually found something nice to wear for Sunday, which is a miracle these days)
*we purchased the 2 player "Settlers of Catan" game and have played at least 10 times--which is pretty amazing because each game is about an hour+ long
*I've cleaned the upstairs of our house pretty thoroughly
*we went shopping for clothes and as usual, found clothes for Joel and not for me, even though I really need some maternity clothes
*Joel graded papers
*I've started reading Prince Caspian for my next book club book--I'm super excited about the movie coming out in May over my birthday weekend! :)
*we finally added a topper to our 1/2 wall in the living room--I've been working on sanding and painting it and it looks great! (here's a picture of it--it still needs 1-2 coats of paint--this is just the primer) You can see the complete process from start to finish on my blog at From Banister to Drywall
*our TV has hardly been on!
*yesterday, Joel spent the day with his best bud, Garrett and I got to spend time with two great friends, Janelle & Amy--who lives out of state. Much fun. And then last night, we had a great time with our small group--guys night at our house for poker and girls night at another house for talking--you know how girls are! So much fun--my stomach hurts from laughing!

All in all, we've had a great break which makes it all the harder to go back to work on Monday......

So, those are my random thoughts for blogging today. Hopefully my life will be more interesting so I have more to write about...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Don't stress too much about drinking the 16 oz. before the ultrasound. They will let you up to use the restroom if you really need to or if your bladder is too full, they'll ask you to go. It sounds worse than it is and it's so exciting to see your baby that you kind of forget about needing to go. I hope all goes well and the baby co-operates! Can't wait to find out.

I have been cleaning and sorting out the kids toys and clothes. I found some cute baby toys (a big soft Whoozit and a Whoozit rattle), would you be interested in these?