Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Annoying

I have lots of things I need & want to blog about...like our great trip to Nebraska over Thanksgiving, some random thoughts that have been on my mind, and some other really great, positive & uplifting things that have been going on in our lives.

However, I must first get this off my mind. I'm really irritated. I have spent the last few weeks searching and searching and I am exhausted. It takes a lot of effort hauling a baby around (and he's getting bigger, let me tell you), especially in the cold.

And I still haven't found what I'm looking for. (I think there's a U2 song in there somewhere...)

What I have found is that everyone was right: there are twice as many little baby GIRL clothes as there are BOY clothes. Every store I've been in over the past few weeks (and it's quite a few) has had a double sized girl department and a closet sized boy deparment.

I've been looking for a cute outfit for Anders for Christmas. Something red & black and maybe sweater-oriented. I really wanted a sweater vest. Not possible. There are racks & racks of girl dresses and cute clothes for picture-taking. And very few boy clothes. Usually hidden somewhere in the back of the store.

I finally found a cute shirt & pants (I'm sure a picture will follow in a week or so) at an overpriced outlet store. But, at least it's off my list for this year. I'm sure I'll have another blog about boy Christmas clothes again next year.

Annoying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW!!! So annoying. I am in the same boat as you, except I have still found nothing. The search continues...

Amos said...

Yep, the boys section is deprived for sure, I'm there with you with 2 boys of my own. I'm sure you have probably been there, but my best bet is always Children's Place. I was dissappointed with what they had to begin with this season, but a week or so ago, they got decent Christmas looking stuff, sweaters, which theirs are our favorite.