Sunday, December 14, 2008

St. Nick Day

Because my family lived in Germany for a number of years, we picked up the tradition of celebrating St. Nicholas Day on December 6. Germans put their boot (or shoe) outside the door and St. Nick comes by and fills it up with goodies overnight. Or, I've heard he also leaves coal for the "naughty" kids.

We've continued this tradition and still have presents on Dec. 6 (two years ago we got Haiku on this day!). Here is Anders opening his first St. Nick gifts in his new high chair seat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the girls daycare/school they put out their shoes durning nap time and they get filled with candy canes and chocolate gold coins. This year I thought I had gotten all of the coins out of Tabitha's shoe however when we were at her bone dr. appointment and went to take her shoe off I noticed that I had missed one chocolate coin, yep melted smushed chocolate all over her sock and the inside of her shoe. Yuck! luckily the room had a sink, paper towels and wipes. We managed to get most of it out.

What a fun tradition! Enjoy! And check the shoes carefully!