Thursday, April 03, 2008

And the Results Are In!

We had our ultrasound today and it was awesome! Most of the time I didn't really know what we were looking at, I just knew it was God's mighty hand at work!

The technician asked us if we wanted to know the gender of the baby and we said "Yes!". She put the instrument on my belly and in three seconds we knew it was a boy! We were both very excited. Obviously, we were even more excited to know it looks like we have a healthy baby on the way!

Here are some pictures. I'm sorry they aren't great...but, they sure are amazing!

This first one is a side profile of his head/face, chest & arm. The bright spot at the top is not the moon...it's my flash. :)


The next picture is probably my favorite. The large stomach-looking object in the bottom left is my placenta. Then just above it, in the center of the photo are two white blobs. Those are Baby J's feet. How cute?!


This is the one Baby J will be embarrassed I published. The little arrow directly in the center points to why we know he's a boy. It's a butt shot and the two wing looking things are his lower legs.

6 comments:

Beverly said...

Congrats! Tobin's very excited he's getting a boy cousin. :-) Is it scary or a badge of honor that I knew exactly what each of those pictures showed even without reading your explanations?!

Have you felt Baby Jarvis move yet?

Unknown said...

So glad to be having another male Jacobson in the family! CONGRATS to you both!!!

my3boys said...

yippeeee! You know how I love boys! :)

Anonymous said...

The first picture looks like some halloween thing under a full moon. Boys rock.

Amos said...

Congratulations you two!!! How exciting to see God's amazing creation growing inside. Prayers continue for a healthy and safe delivery and pregnancy. ((HUGS))

Tracey said...

congrats sarah and joel! that is so fun. can't wait to meet baby j at some point....