Friday, April 25, 2008

A Shoe Extravaganza!

This article is in defense of women everywhere. I admit that women do have a tendency to have an over-abundance of items when it comes to clothes and accessories. I do own my fair share. I had to put about 3 tubs of winter clothes + clothes that don't fit away to make room for maternity clothes. And, I do have quite a few pair of cute socks ("teacher socks" as one friend calls them), and I do enjoy fun necklaces--especially now that I'm pregnant. They are the one item that always fits right. :)

However, I do not own many shoes. I am not a shoe snob. Typically I buy a pair of sandals for the summer and wear them out. Then I buy a pair of black and brown shoes for fall/winter and wear them out. I did buy a couple of new pair of slip-on shoes for this summer because requiring a pregnant woman in the heat of the summer to put on shoes, let alone tie them is just ridiculous.

On the flip side, my husband does not own nearly as many clothes as I do--quite a few t-shirts that he lives in for the summer. But, mostly he owns a few pair a pants and nice shirts for work. He doesn't accessorize with sweaters or trendy clothes. He owns two belts--one black, one brown and a few ties.

BUT, he owns an amazing amount of shoes. However, because they are all so "specialized", they hardly ever wear out because he doesn't wear them very often. What does a man do with so many shoes?

Here are a few:














Basketball Shoes
Bowling Shoes
Crocs (2 pair--green & orange)
Sandals (multiple pairs & styles)
Flip Flops (2 pair--brown and black)
Black dress shoes
Black casual shoes
Running Shoes
Old Running Shoes
Winter boots
Red Chucks (low top)
Black Chucks (high top)
Brown Skechers for School

And his newest acquisition: golf shoes.

And honestly, the list does go on. But, I am out of time. We're off to the store. He needs cleats for his softball game tonight...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot my racquetball shoes and silver basketball shoes. :)

Anonymous said...

All the shoes are so Joel! They show his personality and his mom always had lots of shoes.

I have had to restart my shoe collection because after having two children, my feet grew a whole size bigger! I kept hoping they would shrink a bit so I could get back into some of my favorite ones. It didn't happen and I had to give them away.

my3boys said...

I think my husband has those same brown sketchers. tee hee!

...and I agree w/the previous reader about how your feet grow with pregnancy. I wore 7 1/2 all through high school and college and now I'm an 8 1/2. So weird!

Beverly said...

Alas, it's true. My already-long feet grew from 9 1/2 to a solid 10 after having kiddos, and I had to say a fond farewell to my nice rollerblades that we got when we were childless and carefree!

I had to laugh at Joel's collection, though. He is SO not like Ted in that respect!