Monday, April 07, 2008

First Flowers

Last summer I tried my hand at gardening. I started putting in a small garden in May. I worked on it throughout the summer and it was beautiful (for a first year garden).

I neglected it most of the fall and have been hoping all winter that some of the plants would come back.

This last weekend, I thought I better put a little bit of work into it as spring approaches. I weeded a bunch of the dead stuff out and picked the leaves out from the mulch. I haven't had to water it because we've had so much rain/snow. Well, this weekend the plants really started to come back and I have my first flowers of the season! The ones above are phlox I thought for sure were goners! I had to plant 2 sets of plants and I thought they wouldn't survive. But they did! I'm not sure what these pretty bluish-purplish flowers are, but they sure are pretty! Spring is right around the corner!

I'm even considering taking on another garden project because this one was so much fun. I know for sure this fall I want to plant some tulips--I'm sad that everyone else in our neighborhood has some popping up now and I don't! It will be a high priority in the fall (because we have nothing else going on...)!

No comments: