Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Celebrating 30

Friday was a big day for me--celebrating the entrance into a new decade! I'm not quite sure how that's possible, but it's true.

The four moms from my "Monday Mommy Group" took me out to lunch. Downtown. With all 5 of our kids. It was a bit of an adventure, to say the least. We showed up at The Cheesecake Factory, all five kids in strollers and I'm not sure they knew what to do with us at first. But, they seated us at a great table, with a patient waiter and the chaos began.

Actually, it probably looked like chaos to others, but it was very controlled chaos and after spending the past 8 months together with our kids, we are experts. We had a great lunch and then promptly left a great tip.

Here we are--from left to right--Leah with the only girl baby--Acadia, Renee with Zach, Monique with Ryan, Annade with Elijah and me with Anders! Zach is 2 but the other 4 babies were born about 5 weeks apart in July & August.

After our adventure downtown a couple of girls came and spent the afternoon at my house. On the way, all of the kids in our car fell asleep!


Joel had arranged for a babysitter on Friday evening. I had no idea what he had planned. we left at about 5:45pm and headed off to...who knew where? We ended up at our friends', the Stockers, house. They had chips & queso ready and we visited for a little bit. Then Joel said it was time to go. I was a bit sad because we love visiting with them.

We were off to another unknown-to-me stop. This time we pulled up to the Smiths' house! We hadn't seen them in quite a while, so it was great to visit with them. Betsy had made a yummy pasta dinner and we chatted with them until about 8. Yet again, we were off to another stop.

This time it was Boondock's--a local fun center (teen hangout) with Go-Karts! I love Go-Karts. This stop took quite a bit longer than anticipated, but was well worth it. We ended up at the Traders' apartment for yummy brownie dessert & a round of Rock Band.

It was the perfect end to a great birthday. Thanks for celebrating with me. I don't need to celebrate another big birthday for at least 10 more years.

4 comments:

my3boys said...

awwwww, what a sweet husband! And you said he isn't any good at gifts! I may even steal the idea for Vince sometime!

Jeni said...

Happy Happy Birthday my friend!!! Lots of love from the other side of the world! :)

Emily Kaye said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm sorry I didn't see you on your birthday or I would've wished you a very happy birthday. Us May-babies gotta stick together. :-)

Happy belated birthday.

Beverly said...

Sounds fun! I love the progressive dinner with friends idea!