Sunday, November 05, 2006

Albuquerque

A few weeks ago, I was able to fly down to Albu- querque to visit one of my dearest friends, Jeni & her husband. They left this week to start a new adventure in their lives in another country. I met Jeni when I started working at Lincoln Academy over six years ago. She taught kindergarten & taught sixth grades. Over the years, we became good friends and when she moved to Albuquerque soon after my wedding, it was very hard. We managed to stay in touch and each October Joel & I would go down to Albuquerque with some other friends from Texas to visit Jeni & Tim. We went a total of 3 times and co-ordinated the trip with the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. This last trip, I made alone.



































It was great fun and happened to be the final weekend of the Balloon Fiesta. Dispite a dissapointing evening at the balloon glow (they start the fires in the evening and the balloons "glow")--it was high winds, so they couldn't do it, we were able to see some baloons on Sunday morning before church. They land wherever they can, so we "chased" a couple and saw them come down right in front of us! Amazing! So, here are some pictures from that trip. There are two series of pictures--two separate balloons coming down, one right after the other. If you've never taken a balloon ride--you should! It's amazing!


No comments: