Sunday, September 27, 2009

Anders: Age 13 Months

Now that Anders 13 months, he is really more of a "toddler" than a "baby". Just today he was playing in the family room while we were enjoying the Broncos game. He must have played for about 30 minutes, basically by himself.

What does he do to keep himself occupied?

Good question.

Stack blocks, for one. This is a new skill and it's pretty cute. Stand up and sit down and try to take steps, for another. Climb on anything that is stationary (the TV stand, the fireplace, bookshelves, chairs...). Press the buttons on the TV/DVD player, which makes mom & dad crazy. Pulls Haiku's tail. And just plays with other toys and looks absolutely cute doing it.

Although he is able to play by himself for periods of time, most of the time he's tearing all over the house and I do my best to keep up with him. Mostly he just leaves a path of destruction in his wake and I have a sore back from trying to keep up with him & his mess.

He's tired by 6:30pm and sleeps until 7am or later. He still takes 2 two hour naps during the day. And despite the fact that everyone tells me their baby gave up the morning nap around Anders' age, I think he'll still need it for a few more months.

I know I do.

1 comment:

The Lliteras Family said...

Not everyone. Isaac kept two 2 hour naps until 18 months. Enjoy!