Thursday, September 25, 2008

5 Motherhood Myths

This morning on The Today Show they had a short segment about the top 5 myths of motherhood. I was intrigued, so I watched. I've only been a mom for 4 weeks, but I thought they might be good to know for the future.

In the end, they were pretty good thoughts to keep in the back of my mind. Especially the first four, for me.

1. A good mom likes her children all the time
2. A good mom bonds with her children immediately (like right from birth)
3. A good mom balances it all
4. A good mom spends lots of time with her kids--and they like her because of it
5. A good mom belongs to one big supportive Moms Group

You can read the full article about these myths here.

What mommy myths have you had to overcome?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to send this to a couple of my parents. Thanks for the reminder that we aren't super women.