Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Indecisive

I'm a pretty decisive person. Making decisions usually comes pretty easy to me. And, I'm usually pretty good about sticking to it once I've made one.

News flash: I used to be a decisive person.

Who knew that having a baby meant making so many decisions? Change his diaper now or later? Put him in the swing or on the floor? Burp him or give him gas medicine? And those are just the decisions about the baby, not even about when to go to the grocery store or what to have for dinner.

I found myself in a bit of a crisis at about 2:02pm today. Anders didn't want to sleep after his 945 feeding. This meant he was up and needing attention from 945am until 2pm today. So, when he actually fell asleep at 2:00, I felt a bit of freedom.

And then it happened.

Decision time.

I almost panicked. Do I shower? Do I eat lunch? Do I sit on the couch? Do I blog?

All of these are good decisions. What do I pick?

It seems cruel that at a time in my life when I have to make so many decisions--and all of them seem so important, that I am so stinkin' tired. Who played that evil trick?

I did manage to decide. Lunch first, shower second, blog third. So, here I am. 3:05pm and ready to make some more decisions. Hopefully.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GF ... you SLEEP! Though we do appreciate the blogging!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with flogger, on sleeping and the blogging!