Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bed Check

Before I had Anders, I loved seeing pictures of parents standing over their child's bed as the child slept. The parents would be looking lovingly at their child and oohhing and ahhing at the beauty of their baby. Such sweet pictuers.

I even asked Joel before Anders came "Do you think we'll be those parents who just go in to stare at their baby when he sleeps?" And in our ignorant bliss, we looked at each other and said "Oh, yes".

Enter reality.

I love Anders. I really do. But no one goes in to just stare at their baby. Not really. Entering a room with a sleeping baby means potential disaster--waking them up. If you do go to check on them, it's just to say "Thank God, he's still sleeping". You've got other things to be doing while they are actually sleeping...like trying to squeeze in a shower or lunch or blogging. Or, even sleeping yourself.

I will say they sure are cute when they sleep. And I only took this picture because it is about time to wake him up. That can be pretty cute, too. At the right time.

No comments: