Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm Over It

It's December 3 and I'm over it. Christmas, that is. Actually, I'm over the holiday hustle and bustle. I'm tired of being bombarded with "Christmas" songs at the store--including the grocery. Did you know you can now buy a full fake Christmas tree with all the trimmings at our local grocery store? And actually, at one retail distributer they are called "Family Trees". But that's all for another blog.

What I am ready for is Advent. The dictionary I have on my computer says it is "any important arrival, approach; coming". It also says "the first or expected second coming of Christ". I really want to prepare my heart for this season.

So, I'm setting a goal: 24 blogs in 24 days. One for each day of Advent. So, I know I'm two days late, but better late than never, right?

So, I hope you will join me on this quest over the next few weeks. I'd love your insight and experiences and thoughts.

Here goes.

We'll count this as my first blog, for December 1st.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just joined in reading your 24 days of posts!! I'll be following you!!!